Post by Keiran Halcyon on Aug 22, 2013 12:11:51 GMT -5
Hey guys, just thought i would share this.
I was poking around a couple months back looking into the idea of doing a Darth Revan costume, but finding the mask was a bit of a pain, and I couldnt really find anyone to take the project on as a commission. One of the guys in my saber group is head of the local branch of mandalorians, and does some amazing costume work and knows the crowd. He told me to contact a local fellow here thats just outside the city. After speaking with him, he didnt think it was really feasable at the time as he was going to have to start the project completely and whatnot. I ended up dropping the idea for now, putting it on the back burner and figuring i would work on it at a later date. Well long story short, I guess the idea stuck in his mind and he went ahead and made one, and has everything done. He is going to start offering them for sale for anyone that wants them. An unfinished kit is 130$ a fully finished mask is 200$, if you want the resin cold cast its only an extra 10$
Post by Keiran Halcyon on Aug 23, 2013 11:00:35 GMT -5
Reply from mynocks den!!
Any further inquiries he says just shoot him a message through his website to arrange everything.
------------------ Q1) Sith Acolyte V4 Mask:
$220 plus shipping for a fully completed, ready to wear mask. Comes with blackout eye mesh, foam padding and elastic strap installed. I can add red highlights or battle damage (claw marks, dents, scratches, etc) as in any of the example photos on my website free of charge as desired. Production time is 2-3 weeks plus shipping time.
Or, I can offer the raw, untrimmed version 4 Sith Acolyte cast as a DIY kit for $150 plus shipping. Kit will come with blackout eye mesh, elastic strap, and foam pad uninstalled. The resin cast will need to be trimmed and otherwise cleaned up prior to painting. Production time is 1 week plus shipping time.
Canada - $22 US - $34 Overseas: varies by location ---------------------------
1) Revan Kit includes raw resin cast of the mask that will need to be trimmed, cleaned up, and painted. It comes with visor lens material, foam padding and elastic strap for installation. Please note that you must have access to proper tools (such as dremel, sanders, etc) to trim and complete the kit. The plastic is thick and extremely tough, and cannot be cut using hand tools only!
2) Cold casting is explained on my site: it's when real metal powder is added to the resin during casting to make the surface indistinguishable from real metal when properly buffed. This method is used in the movie industry to make armor, weapons, and other resin props look metal without the weight and the risks associated with metal objects on set.
3) Fully completed mask comes with strap installed. Kit comes with elastic strap included to be installed by user.
4) I use Smooth Cast 325 or 65D which are professional materials used by WETA, ILM, and other prop production houses for movie sets. These plastics are strong! Shipping them is no problem.
5) Shipping to Europe is $44 CAD.
6) I got my very generic-looking balaclava on eBay
Sith Acolyte V4 Mask:
$220 plus shipping for a fully completed, ready to wear mask. Comes with blackout eye mesh, foam padding and elastic strap installed. I can add red highlights or battle damage (claw marks, dents, scratches, etc) as in any of the example photos on my website free of charge as desired.
Or, I can offer the raw, untrimmed version 4 Sith Acolyte cast as a DIY kit for $150 plus shipping. Kit will come with blackout eye mesh, elastic strap, and foam pad uninstalled. The resin cast will need to be trimmed and otherwise cleaned up prior to painting.
Production time for each kit (Sith Acolyte and Revan) is 1 week plus shipping time.
Production time for a full mask is 2-3 weeks plus shipping time.
Shipping (either mask):
Canada - $22 US - $34 UK/Europe - $44
For combined shipping (2 items) add $10.
I can offer a small discount for two completed masks. $440 for both Sith Acolyte and Revan shipped to France.
Post by Yoran khoor on Feb 12, 2014 16:54:06 GMT -5
Keiran sir, Is the Drunken master still selling those Sith Acolyte v$ ( plz say yes!!!) I need one for a cosplay too but with maybe some mods to it ( it s for a gray jedi, repented Marauder Sith) ANd I 'd love on Revan too if he still carries them... should I got directly to his websitre or deal with you since you re his friend and see him often?
Sorry for running late on this epic topic....wish I saw that last year... can just prey Minock is still making those...