It was all looking a bit green though right? Like a bit too "Jedi". Well, I thought so anyway. So I started thinking about alternate colours.
The red skinned "Sith Tattoo" style should have been the direction I went for initially, but my wife somehow convinced me that it was a bit 'cliche', so I avoided it.... but I ended up back with it. I had a look at so many of the EU Sith that had the red and black colour scheme, and of course it was only right.
Inspired by Other "Sith Tattooed" Star Wars characters. Darth Maul:
So, now my mask ended up looking more like this: WIP15 by Stew750, on Flickr
Working on the tendrils is a slow process.... WIP17 by Stew750, on Flickr
Added a bit more paint to the main head part: WIP18 by Stew750, on Flickr
Next up , came the tendril attaching. Another slow process. WIP19 by Stew750, on Flickr WIP20 by Stew750, on Flickr Finally I was able to see if I could actually remove the mask from the head cast. It came of with a bit of a struggle and the part I most worried about was the eyes popping out(poundland sunglasses lenses :lol!: ). The eyes stayed in and I was finally able to wear it: