Post by Luke Skywalker on Oct 17, 2016 17:15:40 GMT -5
I made quite a bit of progress today. The magazine is shortened to the CT legal 10 rds or less and matches the shorter screen accurate version. The only parts left to attach are the grip section, magazine well and the muzzle. I'll have the former two done in about 30 mins. After that I'm going to start grinding the muzzle. It's a major pain. Tomorrow. I'm going to sandblast it all and hopefully get some paint on it.
Items left for the static build that I hope to finish tomorrow are:
Mount scope rail, counter and scope. Sandblast Paint
My armor is done accept for the belt. The anovos belt was a mess so I've got a new, better one enroute. Should be here any day now.
I hope to wire up the BC in time for our big party a week from Wednesday but it's going to be close. This is my first ever BC. If anyone knows the correct resistor needed please let me know. I'm running the piranha red/blue that erv listied in the manual. At some point I'm going to add the ray propagation but I won't make if for the party. I'd just be happy with sound and a muzzle flash.
Hey luke, I see you shredded your sterling for it's different parts and then used a new tube for the build.... Where did you get that tube? I want one... I'm going to do a cheaper plastic build for mine but I would love a metal tube for it!
Post by Luke Skywalker on Oct 19, 2016 14:17:27 GMT -5
Phoenix props on whitearmor.net.
He sells aluminum and steel. The aluminum is quite a bit cheaper. I forget what I paid. Shipping and taxes was under $100. It was worth every penny. It's CNC machined and flawless. I went aluminum only because I'm using this to troop and it's already 6.5 lbs.
Post by Luke Skywalker on Oct 19, 2016 19:42:18 GMT -5
When my company announced they were closing a few years ago I sold the parts kit to Alex Gordon and he built it up for Juansith.
The pst year I've been acquiring new parts. I'm kind of glad I sold the old one. This one had an m38 vs the m38-A2 and it's got an Ealge counter vs the less accurate non eagle. This one really rocks
I've secured everything on with jb weld and it's holding fine. I did knock off the bayonet lug when trying to put it in my holster. I've opted for now to leave it off. I may at some point drill and rap it to get a better connection. There's just not much surface area to glue to.
Plastic paint for the plastic parts of the counter. Self etching primer for the metal parts followed by a satin black. I may change it to flat in the future. I was going to go for the paint that as the crackle finish like the Sterling but in the end I wanted a cleaner look. I'm going to be a new recruit that's seen no action yet.
The blaster will be complete and ready for our party next week. I won't get the BC installed in time though. I haven't figured out a good solution to switch placement. I know what I want to do. I just need to make a block to slide into the firing control group that will hold the switches. I just don't have time to pull it off.
Post by Luke Skywalker on Oct 21, 2016 14:45:08 GMT -5
I'm giving it a good 4 days to dry before final assembly that should take place on Monday. Sadly the BC isn't going to be ready by Wednesday. It will be done this winter. The switch assembly setup is not where I want it to be.
Post by Luke Skywalker on Oct 23, 2016 17:04:20 GMT -5
I'm going to estimate 20 hours to build this static. It took a full day to grind down the parts and prepare them to attach to the dummy receiver. I saved a lot of time by buying the dummy receiver.
It will take several hours to figure out a switch solution but my plan is to use the selector switch for power, blaster and stun. That's going to take some time to figure out what switches to use and how to mount them in the fire control group.
This build is all vintage parts.
M38 Hengstler Eagle Wanna wanga t track One piece scope rail off of whitearmor.
Its not perfect and I may go back at some point and makes some updates, but overall I'm very pleased with the build. This is going to rock our party on Wednesday. My TK armor will be done tonight after a few quick tweaks.